So many cool news in Scala recently:
Scala 3.2.2 was just released and this time I'm in the contributor list . I wonder if a CSS change to scaladoc is enough for me to add "Compiler Engineer" to my CV .
Scala Native 0.4.10 and Scala JS 1.13.0 were also released recently, finally dropping 2.11 support.
Having both projects doing this at the same time is awesome! No weird cross-building problems for those who want to update (I was a bit scared that some libraries would rather drop Scala Native instead of 2.11) and it's a nice incentive for libraries to finally remove 2.11 support for good!
A timeline for reference:
- 2.11.0 was released on Apr 17, 2014.
- 2.12.0 was released on Nov 3, 2016 (6 years ago!).
- 2.11.12 (the last 2.11 version) was released on Nov 9, 2017 (5 years ago).
- Spark added 2.12 support on 2.4.0, which was released in Oct 29, 2018.
- Scala native added 2.12 support in 0.4.0, released in Jan 19, 2021.
So it seems more than enough time for most applications to upgrade.